Terms of Service
In short, we run this online website builder called Musepages and you’re more than welcome to use it. All we ask is that you be responsible in what you publish. Be respectful of other people’s copyright, and do not publish, or link to, content of a harmful or adult nature (things like spam, viruses, hate content or pornography). Other than that, enjoy!
To register as an Account Holder, you must provide us with a valid email address and other information (“Registration Data”). You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password and account, and for all activities that occur under your account. In consideration of use of the Service, you agree to maintain and update true, accurate, current and complete Registration Data. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if MUSEPAGES has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, we may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service or any portion thereof.
Website account and security
You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and website, for all activities that occur or actions taken under the account or in connection with the web site. You agree to immediately notify us in writing of any unauthorized uses of the account or any other breaches of security. We will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation. You acknowledge and agree that under no circumstances will we be liable, in any way, for any of your acts or omissions or those of any third party, including damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
License to use the Service
You must not:
- republish material from this Service (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from the Service;
- show any material from the Service in public;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on the Service for a commercial purpose;
- edit or otherwise modify any material on the Service;
- redistribute material from this Service.
User Code of Conduct
- You will ensure the email address provided in your account registration is valid at all times and will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not transfer your account to anyone without first getting our express written permission.
- You will not use the Services or Materials for any unlawful purposes or to conduct any unlawful activity, including, but not limited to, fraud, embezzlement, money laundering, and similar.
- You will not use the Services or Materials if you are located in a country where such use is prohibited by the applicable law.
- You will not use the Services or Materials to impersonate another person.
- You will ensure that you have secured the permission of the owner of any content uploaded to the Services.
- You will not use or access our Services, directly or indirectly, to access and/or download fonts or any proprietary content located on the MUSEPAGES website at any time. Violators will have access terminated immediately and MUSEPAGES reserves the right to seek remedies and/or damages under the law.
You understand and agree that all information, including, without limitation, text, images, audio material, video material, links, addresses, data, functionality and other materials (“Content”) that You or a third party allow, submit, post, obtain, email or transmit (or the like) to the Service (collectively, “Your Content”) is Your responsibility and not Our responsibility. You own Your content. You grant to Us a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute Your Content in any existing or future media for the purposes of marketing Our Service. In short, You grant us permission to use Your content to help promote the MUSEPAGES. M website. If You delete Content, we will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Service, but You acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Uploading any restricted Content as listed below will result in immediate termination of the Agreement. MUSEPAGES reserves the right to cooperate with law enforcement authorities and/or to seek civil remedies under law. You must not upload, post, host or transmit the following items to or from the Website including but not limited to: unsolicited email, SMS messages, or “Spam” messages; worms, viruses, Trojan horses or code of a destructive nature; questionable or illegal material (including copyrighted and/or trademarked material used without the permission of the rights holder; content that is pornographic, sexually explicit, or violent; reasonably likely to cause harm, or that could be reasonably considered as slanderous or libelous, and/or breaches another’s privacy).
Responsibility of Visitors
MUSEPAGES has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to our Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our Services, MUSEPAGES does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. MUSEPAGES disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
Content Posted on Other Websites
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which MUSEPAGES links, and that link to MUSEPAGES. We do not have any control over those non-MUSEPAGES websites, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-MUSEPAGES website, we do not represent or imply that it endorses such website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. MUSEPAGES disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-MUSEPAGES websites and webpages.
Payments and renewals
Some features on the Service require payment of fees. If you elect to sign up for these features, you agree to pay Us the monthly or annual subscription fees and any applicable taxes as described on the Service. All payments due are in U.S. dollars unless otherwise indicated. Upon payment, You will have access to the chosen features immediately. If Your use of the Service is terminated for any reason, whether by You or by Us, You will lose and forfeit any time remaining on Your account with Us.
Unless you notify Us before the end of the applicable subscription period that you wish to cancel or downgrade your account, your subscription will automatically renew and you authorise Us to collect the applicable fees. Your account is provided with the functionality to downgrade, upgrade or cancel Your subscription.
You authorize us to bill the payment source You provide to Us for all applicable fees. If Your payment source is declined at any time (including, but not limited to situations where we seek authorisations or charge attempts), we may make up to two attempts to reprocess Your payment source. We reserve the right to disable or cancel Your use of Service immediately. We may also change our fees at any time. When applicable, we may give you advance notice of the fee changes. If you don’t agree with the fee changes, you can cancel your Paid Service.
While you may cancel a Paid Service at any time, refunds are issued in our sole discretion.
Service Cancellation and Termination
Failure to comply with any of MUSEPAGES terms or pay due fees you entitle MUSEPAGES to cancel or suspend your account services and website. You can cancel your services at any time, no questions asked.
- Upon termination for whatever reason, MUSEPAGES will delete all data, files, or other information that is stored in your account. It is the User’s responsibility to retrieve and backup all account contents before cancellation or termination.
- In case of downgrading to a cheaper plan there is a possibility of loss of content and/or features. MUSEPAGES does not take any liability in such event.
Cancellation by the MUSEPAGES
- Services may be terminated by MUSEPAGES, without cause, at any time.
- MUSEPAGES may terminate Services at any time, without penalty, obligation to refund and without notice, if you fail to comply with any of the terms of this Agreement or the intellectual property protections applicable to these Services.
- Notice of termination of Services by MUSEPAGES will be sent to the contact e-mail associated with the User account.
Cancellation by the User
- Services may be terminated by the User, without cause, at any time.
- Cancellation is effective when the User has received confirmation of cancellation from MUSEPAGES.
- Downgrading or switching your plan may cause the loss of content, features, or capacity of your account. We do not accept any liability for such loss.
Backups and Data Loss
Your use of the Services is at your sole risk. MUSEPAGES’s backup service runs once a week and overwrites any of our previous backups. Only one week of backups are kept at a time. This service is provided only to ESSENTIAL, BUSINESS and ADVANCED plan holders as a courtesy and may be modified or terminated at any time at MUSEPAGES’s sole discretion. MUSEPAGES is not responsible for files and/or data residing on your account. You agree to take full responsibility for all files and data transferred and to maintain all appropriate backup of files and data stored on MUSEPAGES’s servers.
Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability
- The materials on MUSEPAGES website are provided “as is”.
- MUSEPAGES makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, MUSEPAGES does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, security or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet Website or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- We do not warrant that the Services will meet your specific requirements; the Services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error- and virus-free, and the results that may be obtained from the User of the Services will be accurate or reliable.
- MUSEPAGES expressly disclaims responsibility for interruptions of service to Users due to third party service providers including, but not limited to, server providers, font or content provider, and/or any online hosting service.
- In no event shall MUSEPAGES or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption, computer failure) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on MUSEPAGES Website, even if MUSEPAGES or a MUSEPAGES authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damages. In no event shall MUSEPAGES entire liability to you in respect of any Service, whether direct or indirect, exceed the Fees paid by you towards such Service.
- Materials appearing on MUSEPAGES Website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. MUSEPAGES does not warrant that any of the materials on its Website are accurate, complete, or current. MUSEPAGES may make changes to the materials contained on its Website at any time without notice. MUSEPAGES does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
- MUSEPAGES has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet Website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by MUSEPAGES of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the User’s own risk.
Resale of Service
You will not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell, or exploit any portion of the Service without our express written permission, which may be in the form of a separate written agreement with MUSEPAGES:
- Use MUSEPAGES or source files for website/app generators.
- Offer MUSEPAGES to users of your hosting or blogging service.
- Redistribute or resell MUSEPAGES source files.
- Create Templates, Themes and Plugins for sale.
Customer Support and Feedback
MUSEPAGES welcomes your feedback at email@example.com . Please note that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback, or other information provided by you to us (“ Comments”) are not confidential and you hereby grant us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free license to reproduce, display, perform, distribute, publish, modify, edit or otherwise use such Comments as we deem appropriate, for any and all commercial and/or non-commercial purposes, at our sole discretion.
Last updated: 14 May 2018